You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I will rise.

13.12.14

Poem No.1: The Concept of Love

I used to have trouble,
With the concept of love,
People said it was something,
To never be void of,
Only until I met you,
Was I able to see,
What people were talking about,
And how subtle it can be. 

I feel it every time, 
You lean to squeeze my knee,
Knowing I'm troubled,
By something I didn't know you could see,

I see it sometimes,
From the corner of my eye,
When I catch you gazing at me,
For reasons I still don't know why. 

I taste it on your lips,
When you kiss me tender,
But mostly when you kiss the flaws,
You have somehow helped me surrender. 

It's even in the sound,
Of the words you like to say,
Just to make me feel good,
A game you're not forced to play. 

It is all because of you,
I know the people are right,
To be void of love,
is to be void of light. 
And without light,
I would have never perceived,
What you offer to the word, 
How you make me believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment